Diocletian in Edmonton

This is an account of my days and ways, of my life here in Edmonton.

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

I've been robbed!!!!

I was robbed at midnight tonight, on the LRT of all places! By some guy waving a giant vodka bottle. I feel so ridiculous -- maybe I should have put up more of a fight, but I was virtually the only other person there, aside from a young woman and some other guy who was studiously ignoring the whole incident. The guy then tried to threaten me after we got to the station, and was too drunk to run. I wound up calling the cops, and he was caught, but the bugger ditched my money. Fortunately, he didn't get my wallet, or other funds that I had stashed elsewhere.

I feel a tremendous sense of embarassment that I didn't fight him, but I am also glad that, well, I didn't have a big glass bottle smashed in my face, and that I didn't wind up getting into a brawl with some drunk guy who was feeling no pain. Also, I only lost $27.

Fucker! I think it's the only word appropriate.

2 Comments:

At 2:55 PM, April 22, 2005, Blogger zhromg said...

Sean, you shouldn't feel embarassed! Who would confront a guy with a huge bottle of liquor?! Not me that's for sure. I like your blog very much. But what happened to forcing yourself to write in it? :p

 
At 12:26 AM, May 04, 2005, Blogger Diocletian said...

Well, I was forced by my desire to... I don't know, reflect. I also came across other 'blogs and, while I was at first sceptical of it all, have found that a lot of what's said is neat. As I've said previously, I want to have some sort of reason to think about my life a bit more, build a bit of a record.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home